It’s hard to know how to start this post — I’m feeling a lot of feelings right now. I think it’s fair to say that I’ve been depressed for a few months, and not really for any singular reason. This is just one of those fun, random, “my brain isn’t chemically balanced properly” depressions. And I didn’t even realize how depressed I was until recently. All this to say, my perspective has been a little wonky lately.
At the same time, objectively, things are going really well! That makes it more difficult, in a way, because I know it’s all mental illness and it’s not even justified by anything happening in my life.
When I feel this way, it’s more important than ever to reflect and goal set, even though it’s the last thing I want to do. Even writing the accomplishment list below made me realize that things are still moving, despite how I feel, and that’s reassuring!
Anyway, enough about my ~feelings~, let’s dive into the actual post.
Here are some accomplishments from the past few months:
- I got a new tattoo! I’ll probably do a full blog post on it, since that’s how I roll, but just know that I love it.
- We made enamel pins for Fake Goth Girls! I love the design that Jenny Gacy did for our new logo and it translates beautifully to pins. I’m excited to package them up all cute and send them to y’all! Shameless plug: You can buy yours here.
- I started helping to plan my work’s Pride parade presence (Pride in Austin is in August, for some weird reason). It’s been really exciting to be visibly out and proud at work and feel like I’m making an impact.
- I dabbed across San Diego for SDCC. In 2017. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Out of a million fun SDCC moments, I particularly enjoyed seeing The Adventure Zone and My Brother, My Brother and Me live shows! It’s always a delight to see the McElroys do their thing live.
- We completed renovations and moved into the new house and we love it!!!
Here are my goals for August:
- Find a therapist. If my paragraphs above haven’t given it away, it’s time to call in the reinforcements. Part of the reason I’m not seeing a therapist right now is that my insurance doesn’t make the process easy. Time to sit down and figure it out!
- Unpack completely. It’s my goal to be completely done unpacking the house before the end of the month! It’s no fun living in boxes, and I’d like to have a housewarming party sooner rather than later.
- Finish 3 creative things. With the new house, I’m feeling a renewed sense of creativity and purpose in what I want to create. Switching up routines seems to have triggered something in me — I can’t stop thinking of cool ideas, and even better, wanting to execute them! Ideally, I’d like to get back on a blogging schedule… stay tuned!
Only three goals this time, but I think they’re three important goals and reflect my priorities right now — plus I’m actually excited about each one.
My reward for completing these goals is a new ear piercing since I’ve been craving one lately! Should I get a rook, daith… something else?!
WHAT ARE YOUR AUGUST GOALS?
P.S. Don’t forget to do your own goals post and link up with Writes Like a Girl!