Is this a late post? Yes, yes it is. But since I went to Disney World during the first bit of June, my month feels like it’s just starting. And when I don’t set goals, I wander around aimlessly for the month, so it’s time for me to set some goals!
First, here are some accomplishments from May:
- Colby and I closed on our house!
- My undercut has officially grown out enough in the back to have a normal bob (!)
- I booked my next tattoo!
- I picked up my engagement ring from the shop — now I just have to wait (!!!!)
- I started going to yoga regularly and can touch my toes again already
- I went to The Adventure Zone and My Brother, My Brother and Me live shows in Austin with my bestie and had a lovely, rejuvenating weekend
- I deleted the Facebook app from my phone and don’t feel much FOMO, if any
- I picked up Habitica again to help me balance and track my personal goals
But let’s take a look at the goals I set in last month’s blog post:
Finish tasks to completion.This is hard to measure, but I think I did a good job of switching mindsets, so I’m gonna count it. Hit my calorie goal every single day.Except for bestie weekend and the week I had a massive, debilitating headache, I hit this goal! Go to yoga twice a week.I’m so proud of myself — I went EVERY TIME I said I would!!!! Meditate before work.I did this for about 3/4 of the month then fell out of it. I’m going to count it though because I stopped when I had a headache!
- Create 4 internet things. Nnnnope. All the other goals really made me feel like I didn’t have a lot of time to sit down and be creative.
- Launch my Secret Project. Lol, nope. I never sat down to plan this out, then a few different things kept me from spending time on it.
Overall, I’m really, super proud of how May went. I fell back in love with yoga, I felt great when I was eating right and meditating, and I felt like I really pushed myself to achieve things. I enjoyed a break at Disney World, and now I’m ready to hop back in!
June is already a bananas month for me, and work won’t be slowing down anytime soon. I need to make my self-care goals a priority, because that is usually the first thing to drop. I’m concerned about work and moving stress aggravating my depression (spoilers, it already has), so this is my insurance against it.
Here are my goals for the rest of June:
- Go to yoga twice a week AND add at least one home session a week. I want to add to my yoga practice, but I know I’m too busy to fit in another studio session. YouTube yoga instructors are awesome and my studio has low-cost online classes I can’t wait to check out.
- Be diligent about healthy food choices. With work deadlines right now, I have the feeling I’ll be eating a lot of desk lunches. I can’t let my exhaustion take over — if I eat like garbage, I feel like garbage.
- See a friend at least once a week to decompress. I love my friends, ’nuff said.
- Unplug more. Not literally — just from social media and scrolling mindlessly, which I tend to do when I’m depressed/anxious/stressed. Not healthy, Mia, cut it out!
What are your June goals?
P.S. Don’t forget to do your own goals post and link up with Writes Like a Girl!