Spring is in the air! We had a mild winter here in Austin, but I’m still happy to see the sun shining in all its glory and the bluebonnets popping up (be still, my Texan heart!). Despite living in a relatively warm and sunny place, my mood is still affected by the winter climate, so I’m feeling happier with the sun out, too.
Sounds like the perfect time to set up some goals for the month!
But first, let’s check in with March’s goals:
Cut out beauty and clothing spending.Nailed this one! Not a single beauty or clothing purchase — except I did purchase some swimsuits from Torrid while they were on sale vs. waiting a few days, which I’m totally fine with. Make 4 internet things.Done and done! 3 blog posts, 1 video, an Instagram photography project, and a landing page for my Secret Project, among other smaller things.
- Master the AM routine. By the end of the month, I was at least leaving the house at the time I’d like to, but I wouldn’t say I mastered the morning routine. I think I need to keep my AM routine to the bare minimum — maybe I’m not a morning person, and that’s okay!
Keep a food log.Knocked this one out too! Clean out my digital clutter.300 files on my desktop, figuring out iCloud, and a few hundred Facebook friends later, and I feel a lot lighter! 🙌🏻
And now, April’s goals:
- Spend $100 or less on dining out. One of my “unofficial” goals for last month was to only eat out twice a week, and while I nailed that, I picked expensive restaurants. I’d like to still go out twice a week at most and make smarter financial choices when I do.
- Get far enough along with my Secret Project that I can share it. So far, I’ve built a landing page, but I’d like to have it built out a little further before I share it out!
- Leave for work by 8:30 am every morning. A slightly modified version of my morning routine goal above — I think this is more achievable.
- Exercise after work. I have a pocket of time right when I get home from work where I’m not doing anything useful. I want to take at least 5 minutes a day to exercise. It’s a bare minimum goal, but every little bit helps!
- Explore some side hustles. I have a few opportunities for paid writing work I want to pursue, plus a few ideas I’ve had brewing for a while. I’d love to make some real progress on making these goals a reality this month!
Also, as a reminder, I’m still not eating fried food for Lent. It’s been a nice reset so far!