It’s the second week of January, but after traveling for work the first week, it feels like 2017 is just starting for me! I’m excited to get back in the swing of blogging and goal setting — both have been sorely missed!
To go along with my overall theme for the year — discipline — I decided to choose goals for January that would build momentum for future goals. Call it a theme-within-a-theme. January’s goals are all about building some baseline habits to prepare me for adding on tougher things in the future. I can’t build habits without being well-rested, energized, and structured.
Without further ado, January’s goals:
- Take my vitamins and SSRI daily. Y’all, I can be so bad about taking my pills at the same time every day and sometimes miss days. Not a great idea when you’re taking an antidepressant! I know how to solve this, so hopefully I’ll have a perfect record by the end of the month.
- Follow cleaning schedule. I’ve never managed to tidy the house consistently but I think having a small schedule (each day is one room) is going to be a game-changer for me.
- Create and maintain morning and evening routines. Another toughie — I feel like I’m always running late and stressed in the mornings, and I know that starts with a lack of routine in the evening. No more late nights — gotta get to bed and wake up earlier!
- Keep a food log. I’m less worried about the specifics of what I’m eating and more concerned with maintaining the habit of logging my food. This will be critical for improvements I want to make to my eating later on.
- Make 4 internet things. Making stuff online is one of my favorite things to do, so I want to try and make at least one thing (blog post, YouTube video, podcast) a week to get back into the habit. (This blog post totally counts! Check!)