It’s December, which means it’s almost 2016. It feels like 2015 was a really tough year for me, a year of transition. While part of me is excited for 2016 and the idea of leaving 2015 behind, I know that thought process can be an excuse to delay change and goals. Think of the mindset of starting to go to the gym “on Monday” or New Year’s resolutions — we can always create goals, but our brains like to assign them to certain time periods. (I suppose monthly goals are in the same category!)
Anyway, my hope is that by finishing the year strong with these December goals, I can start my 2016 on an even better note.
If you’re writing your own goals post, be sure to link up with Writes Like a Girl!
A quick recap of November’s Goals:
- Finish revamping my Cosplay 101 and Cosplay blog posts. A big fat NOPE. I worked on this, but it’s just super time consuming. I made a spread in my journal for this goal to lay it out more clearly — and I had no idea how many posts I was looking at until I wrote it all out. No wonder it was taking so long!
- Continue with Miracle Morning all month. I half achieved this one — I stuck with it for about half the month, on and off. I really need to work on waking up at a consistent time if I hope to keep this up.
- Set up a better job hunting routine — and stick with it! I did build a routine, but I didn’t quite stick with it. I did realize a few things I needed to be doing to further my job search (reaching out to my network and revamping my portfolio), so those were my focus instead.
- Create an opt-in freebie for my email list. I attended a webinar on building an email list that included some really great tips on opt-in freebies, but haven’t implemented it.
- Take old clothes to Buffalo Exchange. Another big nope. These clothes are destined for Goodwill, and truthfully, I’ll just be glad to get them out of my house.
Sheesh. I think I achieved… half of two goals? Does that make it 1/5? Not my best month, goal-wise.
And now, December’s goals:
- Finish my portfolio site. I’m investing time into rebranding and redesigning my online portfolio from the ground up this month, and I think it’ll really help in my job search. I’m hoping to finish it in the beginning of the month.
- Finish revamping my Cosplay 101 and Cosplay blog posts. Yep, this one is still on the list. This WILL get done!
- Post on xo Mia at least 5 times in December. I realized that editing my old posts was taking away my desire to create new content. While it’s a far cry from my goal amount of posts per month, achieving 5 posts in December would help me feel on track. I have the ideas — I just need to execute!
- Continue Miracle Morning. This time, I’m keeping track of my day-to-day and hoping not to break the chain. I will also need to work on waking up at a consistent time to achieve this goal.
- Finish setting up my office (and do an office tour post/video). This is actually from October’s goal post. I didn’t achieve it then because I needed to buy more furniture and didn’t have the money. I found a bunch of Visa giftcards (that you can use anywhere) and managed to get all the furniture I needed for over half off! Now I just need to reorganize all my drawers, hang all my art, and finish the final touches — and then show you guys!
November wasn’t the best month for my goals, but the trick is to keep going. Hopefully carrying over some of my older goals will help me achieve them in December!