One of my favorite posts that Nicole of Writes Like a Girl does is her monthly Small Goals post. I love taking a peek at her priorities and how she’s accomplishing things she wants to accomplish! She started making her goal posts into a linkup, and I’m excited to join in with some public (!) goals for October.
- Write at least one blog post a week. I’m a big believer in not forcing creative work, which is why my blog has been so sparse lately. I never force myself to write content — it just doesn’t turn out the way I want. But I want to get back into the swing of blogging, so I’m setting a small, attainable goal. If I blog more than that, great! But one post is definitely accomplishable, and I’m happy to be making content again.
- Don’t stress about the job hunt (yet). I lost my job at the beginning of September. It’s been a very bizarre experience. It’s not going to serve me to panic about being unemployed, and since things aren’t dire quite yet, I’m going to try and get through the month without stressing about it.
- Revamp old blog posts. With my new layout and revitalized focus on the blog, I want to go through old popular posts and update the images and content. Keep your eyes peeled for a slight rebrand and shiny images!
- Don’t go to restaurants out of laziness. Between working from home and now being unemployed, going out for dinner with Colby has been a way to get out of the house and do something besides computer tasks. But it’s getting out of hand, and now I’m just going out to dinner because I’m lazy about making something at home. My wallet and health will be happy to accomplish this goal!
- Finish my office decor. I only need a few more pieces from Ikea, a pegboard, and to hang my prints, then the office will be done (and yes, of course there will be a room tour!).