It’s been a whirlwind the last few months! Between graduating and transitioning to full-time work, starting new projects (Fake Goth Girls, Superheroesque, and my YouTube channel), and conventions, it feels like I’ve barely had a moment to breathe. Things are finally settling down, and I’m so ready to come back to blogging on a regular basis! Here’s what the past few months have looked like for me.
1. I’ve rediscovered my love for secondhand stores lately! I got all three of these boots from Plato’s Closet for between $10-$12. #summergoth for life.
2. One of my biggest projects since moving to our new apartment is my office! I love this #GIRLBOSS banner from the Bannerie.
3. Summer means convention season is in full swing! I finished up a costume for an Animal Crossing group — I was Isabelle, the loyal mayor’s assistant.
4. Our cats love the stairs in our apartment. That was actually one of the biggest selling points for us when we went to pick it out! We kept saying, “The cats are going to love these stairs!” (Honestly, I think it weirded out the lady who was giving us the tour.)
5. Honestly? Any excuse to wear a flower crown.
6. I’ve re-invigorated my fitness routine. I feel so much better when I exercise consistently. Luckily, I have all the cute, nerdy workout tops to make it worthwhile.
7. San Japan had a wonderful Artist Alley! I picked up so many magical girl essentials, from jewelry to a cute anime eye mask.
8. Normally, I have really bad anxiety when it comes to flying, but I’ve finally managed to curb it, for the most part. I was able to take some gorgeous photos of the sky while flying to and from SDCC!
9. My modest vegan cookbook collection is growing! The minds behind Herbivore Clothing have a book out now, Eat Like You Give A Damn. It’s so good! Definitely check it out if you are into plant-based eating.