Between the last few conventions of the season, grad school starting, and work, I’ve been busy! I’m getting back into the swing of things this week.
1. I made a new Daenerys costume for SDCC. My life was basically gold paint for a week.
2. One of my favorite nooks in my office is where my record player sits! I love listening to my favorite bands while I work, blog, or study.
3. To promote the launch of The Sims 4, Pancake Bob traveled across the US giving away free pancakes! I was thrilled to see Austin’s Kerbey Lane Cafe on the list, and my waitress even hooked me up with vegan pancakes.
4. I purchased some new cosplay contact cards since I’ve made so many new costumes lately. If you’re interested, be sure to use my referral link for Moo! We both get a discount.
5. At Anime Fest, Liz and I were kigurumi buddies!
6. My Halloween costume this year is going to be Columbia from The Rocky Horror Picture Show! I used to perform on a shadowcast – RHPS has been near and dear to my heart for years. I’m thrilled to finally dress up as my favorite character. (The costume was provided by Costume Supercenter – I’ll be modifying it then doing a full review post soon!)
7. One of my favorite purchases from SDCC was these heart-shaped sunglasses.
8. I didn’t get to see much of Atlanta while I was at Dragon Con, but it seemed like a beautiful city. Our room had a city view!
9. I spent my birthday (September 1st) at Dragon Con this year – normally I spend it at Anime Fest with Peony, who shares the same birthday. She sent me this drawing she did of me and Prince Zuko. Best birthday gift ever!